.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

In the Margins...

Comments on the passing political and cultural scenes.

Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 26, 2009

What Have We Come To?

What have we come to that Democrats, liberals, progressives, the left wing of American politics are now the Keepers of American Morality (KAM)?

They would gladly abandon their country and give up their loved ones to save Khalid Sheik Mohanned from a scintilla of pain? Indeed, such Wonders of the Human Race are greater in their magnanimity than God himself. God may be dead to these people, but they certainly wallow in their self-righteousness. Even Maggie Gallagher, bless her soul, would give up her life, her family, sons and husband, so that not one terrorist would be tortured!

I can only say, “Save me from these people.” They represent the very misguided reasoning that leads to a denial of a basic American right - to be protected by the people in whom we vest our life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. As a citizen who obeys the laws of this country, who pays his taxes, and votes his conscious, I have a right to be protected by whatever means necessary to guarantee my and my loved ones safety. A terrorist does not have a right to kill me - which incidentally is the ultimate torture.

I, for one, am for the powers who protect the people and defend the country using whatever means possible to assure that success. I know that my enemies have no qualms about using whatever methods to serve their purpose. They will, believe it or not, use my own self-doubt and whimsy against me.

If I cannot depend on my government, then should I “abandon all hope”? Or should I join the KAMs and accept death joyfully, knowing that as I perish at the hands of my enemies I have kept the faith?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home